Registered Dietitian Services Are Covered By Most Extended Health Plans
Sun Life Financial
Great West Life
Chamber of Commerce Insurance Plan
Green Shield Canada
Medavie Blue Cross
Health Care Providers Group Insurance Plan
Some Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
Examples Of Conditions That Can Be Improved By Nutrition Coaching
Diabetes (Type 1 And 2)
High Blood Pressure
- Do you struggle with trying to eat less and exercise more and can’t lose weight?
- Do you crave sugar and suffer from low energy and constant hunger?
- Do you feel like you don’t have the willpower or discipline to eat healthy?
You CAN achieve your nutrition goals!
- You haven’t failed because you haven’t tried hard enough, it’s because you have been given the wrong information.
- You can eat foods that taste good.
- You don’t need to deprive yourself and miss out on social events because you are on a diet.
- You don’t have to exercise four hours a day.
The Secret is learning how your body actually works and applying guaranteed principles to improve your health and body composition. It’s that easy.
ARE YOU READY FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT?
SOMETHING THAT IS SUSTAINABLE, INDIVIDUAL AND BACKED BY CURRENT RESEARCH?
BOOK YOUR COMPLIMENTARY 15-MINUTE SESSION TODAY.
- Have a quick nutrition question?
- Confused about the conflicting information about nutrition?
- Want to learn more about how you can make healthy choices?
Meet Sharon to discuss your goals and challenges with nutrition. She will provide an estimated time frame and cost for services to address your needs and meet your nutrition goals.
Receive a free copy of the “5 Steps To Permanent Weight Loss” (value $15)
READY TO COMMIT TO LASTING CHANGE IN YOUR HEALTH?
BOOK AN INITIAL CONSULTATION AND GET STARTED TODAY!
Initial Nutrition Assessment – 60 minutes
Sharon takes a holistic approach to nutrition coaching. Your goals for making changes in your diet and lifestyle will be discussed. To get an overall picture of your health, she will:
- Enquire about your lifestyle
- Determine your stress levels
- Discover how you sleep
- Discuss what you feel your barriers to eating well are
- Review your medical history
- Find out what medications and supplements you are taking
- Obtain a detailed typical daily intake
- Discuss your hunger and satiety
- Get detailed information on your food preferences, intolerances/allergies
- Chat about your energy levels, cravings and more!
She will then educate you on how to nourish your body correctly.
- You will learn the reason behind her recommendations so it makes sense to you.
- Using a simple meal template Sharon will build a variety of meal options for you to try. Every individual is nourished differently. Your homework will be to be reflective on which types of food nourish you the best. You will receive a food journal template as a tool to help you along this process.
- Have a clear understanding of how your body metabolizes the macronutrients in your diet.
- Receive a meal template with 2-3 options for each meal based on your food preferences
- Know how much you should be eating and the timing of meals.
- Receive detailed handouts on the material covered in the session
- Receive a food journal template
30 -60 minutes 2 weeks following initial session.
In this session Sharon will:
- Work through any challenges you have encountered since you have started your journey to health
- Review your food journal and provide additional information and meal ideas as needed
- Discuss any nutrient deficiencies that could be an issue based on your food preferences and lifestyle
- You will learn what foods need to be included or increased in your diet to meet your nutrient requirements. If necessary, reputable supplements will be recommended if dietary requirements cannot be met by food.
- Additional relevant information will be covered to optimize your understanding of healthy eating and achieving your goals.
Sharon will provide ongoing accountability as you continue to learn about healthy eating. Individuals committed to longer term coaching will have email access to Sharon between sessions.
Additional Topics Covered:
- Emotional Eating
- Diet And Hormones
- Food Addictions And How To Deal With Them
- Mindful Eating,
- Gut Health
- Food Journaling
- Label Reading
- Supplements What Do You Need?
- What To Choose When Eating Out
- Nutrition And Travelling
- Nutrition And Exercise
- Nutrition Myths
- How To Boost Your Metabolism
- Intermittent Fasting Benefits
Tab Content goes here
ABOUT SHARON FAST
Sharon Fast, RD is a registered dietitian, elite Spartan competitor, and metabolic efficiency training specialist.
> Dietitian at Abbotsford Vivacare Inc.
> Registered Dietitian at The Apollo Clinic Abbotsford
> Clinical Registered Dietitian at Healthstyle Solutions
Qualifications & Certificates
> Bachelor Science in Dietetics, University of British Columbia
> Registered Dietitian, College of Dietitians of British Columbia
> Certified Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist
> ISAK certified Level 1 Anthropometrist
> Intensive Sport Nutrition Certificate
> Top 150 Elite Female Spartan Competitors in North America (2014)
> Dietitians of Canada
> Dietitians of Canada Sport Nutrition Network
> Dietitians of Canada Consulting Dietitian Network
> Professionals in Exercise Nutrition and Sport (PINES)
CONTACT SHARON FAST
Sharon Fast, RD
Metabolic Efficiency Training Specialist
Fraser Valley Physio
Suite 2 - 9145 Corbould Street, Chilliwack V2P 4A6